Friday, April 30, 2010

Measuring up!!

Is it because someone gives without measuring, the one who takes measures his steps once he accepts??

This is not just the first time I am experiencing this. In fact every time I do it’s with a sense of déjà vu that I approach it. People seem to make friendships off late only after factoring in what is in it for them….

Where are those selfless people? Has god stopped creating people from that mould?

I do so fondly recall times when a colleague of mine used to carry lunch for me everyday because she realized I was not eating properly. Of course I have had a jolly good bunch that used to ensure there was vegetarian food and nimbooz for me while we partied hard late into the night at home in Pune.

But today as I look back at the last couple of months, I do not seem to recognize people from this tall order any more. Is it (my)opia or is it that there are no more people that trod the earth, having this quality??

1 comment:

Srividya Padmanabhan said...

hmmm a very tricky one.. Its kinda always difficult to analyse about people, and of course you will find people who will take your hand when u offer your finger.
But then there are the genuine once who are always there for you.
My own experience has been quite similar, especially when you travel a lot and keep reloacting you dont find too many "bumchum" friends and bumchums are not created in a day. It takes years to find one... infact i still keep wondering if i have one.

But we have to move forward, whitout expecting and am sure in this journey u will find people who really care for you. The most important thing is to treasure what you have.